Protection against sexual assault
The protection level against sexual assault question in Securban concerns the measure types
- Directing traffic flows to separate potential offenders from vulnerable groups and/or locations less controlled or controllable, or providing safe access and exit routes to and from highly frequented areas, such as entertainment districts.
- Target removal by removing circumstances that make people vulnerable, such as women travelling alone in areas with little surveillance.
- Controlling disinhibitors such as alcohol.
- Access control possibly combined with Screening where possible and ethical, to prevent unauthorised access of potential or known offenders.
The score is divided into three categories in Securban:
- Neither of the measure types are taken to prevent sexual assault.
- One of the measure types is taken to prevent sexual assault.
- More than one of the measure types are taken to prevent sexual assault.
As these categories are not exhaustive, and many intermediate protection levels exist, in answering the question, one will have to choose the level that comes closest to the actual level.
All other measure types against sexual assault (such as surveillance) are covered in other answers in Securban and should not be considered in answering this question.